Tire Concerns: Car came with H98 Tires, can I replace with T98?

Tire Concerns: Car came with H98 Tires, can I replace with T98?

by Bill
(Dubuque, IA USA)

My 2010 Nissan Rogue XL came with H98 Tires, can I replace them with T98? I purchased it new, it now needs new tires and I want to know if I can replace current tires with T98 Rated Tires?

Editorial Comment

What you are doing is comparing Speed Ratings.

H is possibly the most common speed rating which is certified suitable up to 130 mph. The T, on the other hand is rated for a lower top speed of 118 mph.

If your driving habits and plans do not require you to exceed the lower speed you will likely be OK with the T Speed Rating on your vehicle. Make sure, however that you do not decrease the load rating from 98 to 97 unless you are sure that you will not be carrying a load that requires the higher rating.

Note that both these ratings are for sustained operation at the speeds and loads indicated. A very brief or short excess may not present any danger but you should always allow for a slight amount of "over protection" to always be safe. It would be foolish to run your vehicle right on the limit all the time because you never know when an unusual or emergency situation might arise.

TG

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Tire Concerns.

tireguy

Other useful links

We have a special
place to show-off your favorite wheels
See the Hot Wheels Show Room

Add To Favorites

Visit Tire Information World's Exclusive Tire Care and Accessories Store.

Click Here to Download your free Portable Treadwear Calculator Now
!

[?] Subscribe To This Site

XML RSS
follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!

T-I-W is a free publication made possible through your voluntary support of products and services which have links on this website. See Revenue & Support for details.

SBI! Monthly Billing Option